DB Gupta Science Scholarship
Nurturing scientific thinkers for a changing India
Jonas Salk wrote “Science in all its different disciplines, theoretical and experimental, has contributed to solving the problems which have given birth to new ones, which we are now confronted with”. Humans are actively evolving with their knowledge of science, however they cannot escape the consequences of their choices about which nature has the last word. Salk nudges us to the question:
“Are we being good ancestors?”
This prompted us to ask:
Are we giving our students opportunities to be good ancestors?
Dr. Desh Bandhu Gupta, founding Chairman of Lupin Ltd., with a few other leaders of his generation, are good ancestors; in a world skeptical of India’s technological prowess, his choices made India the pharmacy for the world. His vision brought Lupin Pharmaceuticals to solve medical problems in India with speedy execution, responsible technology and low costs.
Drawing inspiration from the life of Dr. Desh Bandhu Gupta, Neev Academy introduces The DB Gupta Science Scholarship, to encourage young minds with a passion for science, to pursue their journey in IB, irrespective of their background.
This is a merit-based, 4 year high-school scholarship that ranges from partial to full tuition and initiates in Grade 9. It is designed to recognize students who demonstrate promise for academic and extra-curricular excellence in the field of science inside and outside the classroom. Recipients must continue to uphold the academic excellence that merits the scholarship, to remain qualified for it until the time of graduation from Neev.
This scholarship is made possible by benevolent and generous donation by Mr. Nilesh Gupta, Managing Director, Lupin Ltd. in honour of his father Dr. Desh Bandhu Gupta.
- Merit Eligibility
- Clear Neev’s assessment test during admission process including an additional science assessment
- Strong academic performance in the past years in the sciences along with other subjects
- Financial Eligibility
- “Need Aware” Scholarship. What do we look at?
- Family income
- Family wealth
- Family lifestyle and expenditure
Please complete your admission application form as a regular process through the online application form available on the website. Do remember to check the box with ‘Yes’ option on the question- ‘WOULD YOU LIKE TO OPT FOR SCHOLARSHIP FOR YOUR CHILD’, when filling your application.
Application Timelines for AY 2023-24
- Round1: Friday, 3rd March 2023
- Round2: Friday, 31st March 2023
After the submission of the form, go through the regular assessment which the admission team will confirm for English, Math with the addition of Science on a scheduled date and time.
*The scholarship form will also be mailed to you in the interim to complete and submit mentioning the deadline. This is for us to review your financial eligibility.
Assessment Timelines for AY 2023-24
- Round1: 13th March to 31st March 2023
- Round2: 3rd April to 21st April 2023
The school committee will review the details of the assessment and the scholarship form to communicate the decision through your registered email id.
Decision Timelines for AY 2023-24
- Round1: 14th April 2023
- Round 2: 5th May 2023
For any queries, you can reach the admissions team on firstname.lastname@example.org email id or call us on the admissions number 9148146446.
- Recipient must opt for all 3 sciences in Grades 9&10
- Recipient must opt for Extended Mathematics in Grades 9&10
- Recipient must opt for at least 2 sciences in Grade 11&12, at least one science must be at Higher Level (HL)
- Recipient must opt for Mathematics AA or AI, at Higher Level (HL)
- Maintain at least a 6 in Science and Mathematics all through their time with Neev