Social & Emotional Wellbeing
Social & Emotional Wellbeing at Neev supports students showing behavioural concerns, habits which act as barriers in their learning to achieve their educational and developmental potential by providing a range of strategies and specialised support at an individual, group or school level. Our behaviour counsellor interacts with students directly and also supports them through the academic faculty.
Behaviour guidance is important for children and in schools as it has a huge role in bringing out the best in them. Good conduct is coveted, but sometimes young minds need guidance. Through behaviour counselling and social emotional learning sessions, children are given advice on how to manage and deal with emotional conflict and personal problems. Our counsellors aim to support students emotionally and socially in all aspects of the school environment. This would include attention to a healthy self-esteem, self-awareness and a sense of responsibility, to self and others.
Some of the areas addressed by our counsellor are:
1. Behavioural expectations of acceptable behaviour
2. Whole school approach through social-emotional learning sessions on topics such as self awareness, self management, interpersonal skills and skills for building relationships
3. Individual/small-group counselling sessions (confidentiality is maintained, wherever required)
1.Behavioural expectations of acceptable behaviour
2. Whole school approach through Social-Emotional Learning sessions on topics such as self awareness, self management, interpersonal skills and skills for building relationships
3. Individual/small-group counselling sessions (confidentialty will be maintained).
If students require additional support outside the resources available at the school, they are referred to external resources such as psychologists, psychiatrists, doctors etc. following the consent of parents. Our counsellors assist in the process of transitioning to ensure the student undergoes minimal interruption of services.