Our teachers make Neev what it is, because of what they do, each day.
Mr. Abhinav AwasthiDP Coordinator
“Education according to me is not a means to an end but an end in itself. The purpose of education is not only to develop knowledgeable individuals but to create human beings who are independent - physically and emotionally, but are interdependent socially. These individual are conscious of the fact that they are not only responsible for their own well being but also for the well being of others around them.
Education imparted at school plays a vital role in realizing the true potential of human beings. Schools should be thoughtful and must strive to develop: Creativity, Open communication and respect, Life-long learning, Academic rigor and excellence, Personal and Professional Growth and Work ethics.
As learners – students play a key role in achieving the above mentioned objective of education. In fact students are key partners in the overall process of education. It’s only with their active support that the above mentioned objectives can be realized.
In context of the above mentioned educational objective – the role of educator as facilitator has undergone a sea change. The facilitator’s role from being ‘a sage on the stage’ has now evolved to a ‘meddler in the middle’. The facilitator now days are expected to work along with students for ensuring that the entire learning process remains students centered but not students driven.”
His Academic qualifications include::
Bachelors of Commerce from Allahabad University, UP; B.Ed. from Bhoj Open University, Bhopal, M.P ; Masters of Commerce from Pt. Ravi Shankar Shukla University, Raipur, C.G ; Currently he is pursuing MBA from IGNOU.
He is also certified examiner for IBO and CIE. His examining experience includes: IBDP Business Management Examiner for HL Paper 1, IBDP Examiner for Business Management Extended Essay, IB Moderator for MYP Humanities, CIE IGCSE Business Studies Examiner.
Ms. Gouri KarMYP Coordinator
"I believe in an education that will create intrinsic motivation to all students by providing opportunities to stimulate their passion for learning. I should be able to provide students with a nurturing and enriching environment."
Ms. Gouri holds a Master’s degree in Geography and Bachelor’s degree of Arts specialised in Geography, English and Political Science from Lucknow University and was awarded certificate of merit for distinction in Geography. She has also completed Bachelor in Education from MES Teacher’s College, Bangalore University. Ms. Gouri last worked at Redbridge International Academy, Bangalore as ‘Academic Coordinator’. Before which she was with National Public School, HSR as Social Science Teacher, teaching higher grades. She also gained experience in teaching at Indus International School as a Geography Teacher. She was a lead teacher for grade 8 and was handling responsibilities of MYP coordinator as well. Her early teaching years were with St. Francis Xavier Girls High School, Bangalore and St. Agnes Loreto High School, Lucknow as Geography Teacher.
Ms. Divya MohandasPYP Coordinator
"I believe in education of the whole child. Each child is an unique individual with an innate enthusiasm to learn more about the world around them. I believe this experience can be maximimised if all facets of the child are addressed in learning- whole child, whole experience, whole education."
Ms. Divya last worked as Prep 2 Coordinator at Indus Early Learning Centre. Before which she worked as Grade 1 Coordinator at Indus International School. She also gained her teaching experience at National Academy for Learning and Royale Concorde International School. Ms. Divya was involved in the process of putting together IB PYP documentations for Early Years. She has presented workshops on assessment in PYP, play based learning in early years and enquiry in PYP & differentiation in PYP for teaching staff and teacher training modules. Apart from the above, Ms. Divya also possesses interest in Theatre. She has written, directed many dramas for schools over the years. Ms. Divya holds a Bachelor’s degree Arts form St. Joseph’s College of Arts and Commerce. She also holds a diploma in Education from Hibernia University along with Diploma in teacher’s training and Montessori Training
A Neev teacher believes in:
- The mission, vision and values of Neev as a human organization.
- Always being proactive and working to the best of one’s ability.
- The beauty and intrigue of nature, arts, books and friendship as a basis for all learning.
- The imagination, the trust, the hopes and ideals that dwell in the hearts of all children.
- The premise that all children are smart, and it is the job of teachers to help them figure out their learning styles and unleash excellence in all areas.
- The immeasurable possibilities of success every person carries within them.
- The victory of human capability over hard assets.
- Team strength comes from individual excellence of all its team members.
- Contributing to a learning environment which is defined by strong horizontal and vertical integration in shared learning standards and practises, where the whole team grows together sustainably.
- Striving to create excellence in teaching practise.
- Building deep knowledge by developing self-awareness and relationships to result in an environment that functions smoothly with highly positive and respectful personal interactions.
- Promoting Grit, Honor and Grace. In alignment with the philosophy, fundamental concepts and pedagogical approaches of the IB programmes.